Dr. Rita Eichenstein and Associates offer in-depth assessments of children, teens and young adults, with a process approach is client centered, compassionate, and is based on the latest neuroscience research.
The goal of an assessment is to gain an understanding of how a young person's brain, behavior and emotions interface with the demands in their lives. The assessment will provide insight, structure a treatment plan with specific goals, and provide an emphasis on clear feedback to help both parents and children address current challenges and long range planning.
Together with each client and their family, we work to build on a child's strengths and structured an individualized plan to help that child achieve life goals and provide parents peace of mind.
Included within this assessment is an examination of the psychological, cognitive, and educational processing as well as social, emotional, and behavioral function. All aspects of the child's strengths and struggles are identified and are personally explained while offering structured remediation sources, interventions and accommodation recommendations.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE ISSUES WE COMMONLY ASSESS FOR:
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Disorders (Identification of ADD or ADHD)
- Dyslexia or Developmental Reading Delay
- Low academic achievement
- Behavior or social problems
- Autism spectrum or Asperger's Syndrome or Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Gifted IQ assessment
- Preemies at school age
- Brain injuries, Epilepsy, or genetic disease
- Sports related head injuries that seem to be affecting learning and behavior
- Medical issues that can affect performance in school age children
- Determination for Kindergarten or First Grade readiness
- Extended time accommodations for exams: ISEE, SAT, SAT II, ACT, AP, LSAT, GRE, GMAT
- College and Graduate School eligibility for special services
- Young adult/ Vocational testing
- School selection assistance